10 Questions to Ask Before You Buy Long-Term Care Insurance
- Does the policy include protection against inflation?
- Does the policy guarantee that premiums will remain level?
- Does the policy cover home health care benefits and all levels of nursing home care, including skilled, intermediate, and custodial care?
- Does it provide comprehensive benefits for both home care and nursing home care?
- Is the maximum benefit period one year or more?
- Is the policy renewal guaranteed?
- Is the deductible affordable and does the policy have a waiting period of 100 days or less?
- Will the policy cover dementia if an individual is diagnosed down the road? What are the policy exclusions?
- Will you be able to keep up with the policy premiums?
- Have you learned as much as you can about the insurance company?
To read more go to Wiser Women and call us for personal help.