Effects of Covid 19 on Long Term Care
These are some of the findings by actuaries in the long-term care insurance business:
- The mortality rate went up in the older populations thus there were shorter claims
- People in home care suffered longer due to the fear of letting health care workers into the home
- Hesitancy to visit doctors creating acute morbidities
- People working from home allowed for more in home care by families
- Fewer injuries because of reduction in outdoor activities like driving
For more information, read the attached article.
Let me know if you want more information: www.calendly.com/jimbetter. Find more resources in our blog.